Food Presenter, Food Revolution Ambassador and a strong believer of Love Food Hate Waste, Anita Kerai is offering supporters of When The Last Lion Roars the chance to win a cookery class with her – either one-on-one or as a group lesson for four – worth up to £380.
Anita’s fun and informal classes show you to create traditional mouth-watering Indian meals with a modern touch in your own home. Your class will include the following:
- An overview of the Indian spice box and brief explanation of the purpose and health effect of each spice
- Tour of Anita’s Indian pantry, with an explanation of the different lentils and flours used in vegetarian and vegan cooking
- Read through of Anita’s family’s traditional Gujarati Kutchi and Kenyan recipes that will be used in the class
- Talk about seasonal fresh produce and how to reduce food waste
- Hands-on chopping, peeling and kneading to create five delicious meals, including lunch
- Short trip to Anita’s local Indian shop to look at different ingredients – spices, vegetables, lentils and flours – and talk about using alternatives
- Return to Anita’s kitchen to enjoy lunch and pack the rest for home.
You also will go home with a goodie bag, including five spices used in the class.
How to win a class with Anita
Entering is easy. You just need to pledge to When The Last Lion Roars. For each £1 pledged your details will be entered into a prize draw. So, if you pledge £10, your details will be entered ten times; if you pledge £25, your details will be entered 25 times. The more you pledge, the better you chance of winning. You can pledge here now.
More about Anita
The nitty gritty
The prize draw will take place on Friday September 1, 2017. The winner will be notified by email on Saturday September 2, 2017.