For me weddings are such a fascinating topic, I’m still not sure how I feel about the whole process and why they have to be such an extravagance.
I know many of you will say “well it doesn’t- you can marry anywhere’, but where did the institution of marriage come from? and why is it now such a lavash affair, where many spend nearly their yearly earnings on one day?
Coming from some who puts herself in front of people everyday, I also understand that is a total contradiction for me to say why are people so keen on display themselves.
However I strongly agree with a private life being private. What I think I mean is that two people celebrating their relationship should do it between themselves.
Selfish I know and surely you want to share your love with others I imagine you asking?
I know honestly, I don’t know whats right and wrong or whats acceptable and whats not.
A lot of the time I feel like it is an adult women’s opportunity to display herself as part of a popularity contest never the less, we indulge and we spend may of our hard earned pennies on outfits to look the part- And that can certainly be stressful mainly due to this popularity culture I think.
I am aware I’m confused on the topic of marriage, but one thing I can help with is what to wear.
- The first rule has got to be dress appropriately, I know you want to look you’re best but it is the brides day and having you’re bits on display, whatever they are is always a little unattractive especialy considering it’s a day event, and there will more than likely be children there.
- Hat’s well I have had many people ask me about hats at weddings in the last few weeks, the answer is if the mother of the bride is wearing a hat then you follow suit. If she is not tread carefully.
- What about fascinators I hear you ask, WELL beautiful decorative head bands on the right person maybe something to consider, but they rarely look good unless you have spent a fortune. Even then think back to the Royal wedding and Princess Beatrice.
- Most weddings will be indoors and outdoors and I think a wedge shoe is always the best idea, as you will be on your feet for most the day, and your likely to endure several different surfaces.
- Can you wear black? This is an interesting one but I generally think the answer is no, yes a black and white or a blue and white mix will always be a safe bet. But a block of black is just in keeping with the wedding theme. Most weddings will be in the summer so pick something that will bring that out.
- Handbags: keep them small and it’s always a great way of having a splash of colour with your outfit. But make sure it is big enough to fit a shawl as the evenings can always be cold.
- The most exciting thing about this season collection are: there is lots of bright colours out there so you will certainly be able to indugle your colourful side.
- Always remember that maxi dresses are your friends, they cover all the sins, from your tummy to your legs.
Always remember to dress for yourself and the style that suits you, of course you know your figure the best and classic will always win.