- Over 750,000 Dutch people eat sprinkles for breakfast every day
- Approximately 14 million kilos of Hagelslag on bread (sprinkles on buttered bread) is devoured by Dutch residents every year – that’s close to 300 million slices per year
- Holland is the sixth happiest place in the world according to World Happiness Index
- Guests visiting the pop-up will experience traditional Hagelslag, beauty inspired sprinkle treatments and the opportunity to marvel edible Dutch art masterpieces
- easyJet’s ‘Café van der Sprinkles’ opens for three days from Friday 22nd September
easyJet will open the doors on Dutch culture by launching new pop-up ‘Café van der Sprinkles’ in Leicester Square, London. The activation will give people the opportunity to experience the sixth happiest place in the world and their traditional sweet delicacy ‘Broodje Hagelslag’.
Over 14 million kilos of Hagelslag (known as fairy bread in the UK) is consumed by hundreds and thousands of Dutch people every year. Commonly enjoyed at breakfast, broodje hagelslag is typically butter spread on bread which is then covered in sprinkles – this sweet treat explains why the country ranks so highly on the World Happiness Index.
Low-cost airline easyJet have partnered with the Netherlands Board of Tourism and Conventions, to transport the people of London on a journey to Holland to experience a taste of Dutch happiness along with a selection of sweet delights.
easyJet presents: ‘Café van der Sprinkles’
Where: The White Space, Leicester Square, WC2H 7JB
When: Friday 22nd – Sunday 24th September
Fri & Sat: 11.00 – 19.00
Sun: 11.00 – 17.00
Upon entering through a plane door, visitors will find themselves in the brightly decorated Sprinkle Café. Guests can order from the ‘DIY sprinkle menu’ choosing their preferred base, types of sprinkles and Dutch art template, giving them the opportunity to create their own masterpiece such as Van Gogh’s Sunflowers.
Alongside the sprinkle café guests will be able to; immerse themselves in edible Dutch art masterpieces created by food influencers The Meringue Girls and enjoy fashion forward sprinkle beauty treatments. The range of sprinkle delights on offer at the event, highlight some of the experiences that Holland has to offer beyond Amsterdam, from popular cities such as Eindhoven, Rotterdam and The Hague.
Artistic and colourful beyond belief, the café is the perfect place to get pictures that will cause pure Instagram envy. Guests will also have the opportunity to win flights to Holland and can enter by sharing their snaps on social media with the official hashtag #SprinklesCafé.
easyJet flies to Amsterdam Airport Schiphol, the gateway to Holland, up to 36 times a day from airports across the UK, from £29.99.