We believe that Mum’s everywhere should be showered with love every day of the year, but when Mothering Sunday arrives it provides an extra opportunity to celebrate everything our mums, step-mums and mothers-in-law do for us.
This year, Mother’s Day falls on March 27, so we’ve put together some great ideas to show her how much you care. Browse our Mothering Sunday gift guide and find the perfect present for the maternal figure in your life – from flowers to fun days out, we’ve got Mother’s Day covered!
Personalised Mother’s Day gifts
– Dear Mum – From You To Me, is a thoughtful book that helps families to capture those precious memories by asking questions such as ‘What are the happiest or greatest memories of your life?
It’s a terrific way to find out more about your Mum’s life while creating a special keepsake that will be cherished for years to come.
Available from Prezzybox for £14.99.
– Traditional gifts for Mum’s include flowers, chocolate and Prosecco, and this beautifully presented personalised gift basket contains all three! The labels on the heart-shaped choccies and bottle are printed with a loving message of your choice, while the dried flowers are presented in a simple, yet elegant bouquet.
You can also swap the Prosecco for a choice of sloe gin, raspberry gin or rhubarb and ginger gin.
Buy online at Not On The High Street for £40.
– For true chocoholics, Toblerone have launched an online gift creator, which allows you to personalise the box, flavour and message of a bar of the popular triangular chocolate for Mum.
There are five flavours to pick from (our hands-down favourite is crunchy almond), and after adding your personal message, the sweet treat will be shipped out to your favourite female ahead of Mothering Sunday.
Create your Toblerone online for £17.00.
Mother’s Day gifts for first time Mums
– New Mums deserve an extra special treat to celebrate their first Mothering Sunday as a parent, and this beautiful bracelet is a great gift designed to represent the bond between mother and child.
Featuring two birthstone crystals of Mum and baby on a delicate gold-plated or sterling silver chain, the bracelet is handcrafted and presented in an organza gift bag.
– This pretty First Mother’s Day Mug is a cute and practical present to melt the heart of any new mum. The floral-printed ceramic mug includes a personalised message from the baby, to remind Mum just how much they love them.
Our top tip is to fill the mug with her favourite sweets or choccies as an extra treat!
Mother’s Day experience gifts
The best gift to give your Mum is time together, so why not treat her to an experience that she can share with you?
– Slip away on spa day together and you can both enjoy a series of rejuvenating treatments that include either a mini facial, hand and arm massage, a mini back and scalp massage, or a hand, arm and scalp massage.
Enjoy a fun day with plenty of pampering – and a chance to relax, unwind and spend time in each other’s company.
Bannatyne Spa Days are available across the UK and start from £89
– For the ultimate Mother’s Day experience gift, book a table at The Ritz and indulge in afternoon tea and Rose Champagne in the sumptuous surroundings of this famous London hotel.
The mouth-watering menu includes finger sandwiches, warm scones with preserves and clotted cream, French pastries and a choice of eighteen types of tea.
Before you leave the hotel, all Mums are presented with an exclusive Ritz gift to take home as a souvenir of their special day.
Book a table at The Ritz website, priced at £90 per person.
– Treat Mum to a two-course dinner and a show in London’s glittering West End and with a theatre and dinner for two experience.
Popular shows currently running in the West End include Wicked, Harry Potter & The Cursed Child and The Tina Turner Musical. Before arriving at the theatre, enjoy a pre-show two-course supper at a choice of restaurants close to the venue and then settle back in your seats for a fantastic show.
Flowers for Mother’s Day
A bouquet of fresh flowers is a wonderful way to let your Mum know you care. There are so many floral arrangements available ahead of Mother’s Day, it’s hard to know which to choose, so here’s our pick of three bouquets that we think are blooming fantastic.
– Interflora has designed a hand-tied bunch of fresh stems that arrive pre-arranged in a cut-glass vase. Each bouquet is crafted by an artisan florist and you can personalise the blooms too, so if red roses are a must-have, or you don’t want lilies in the mix, you can add notes to your order for a truly bespoke bouquet.
Interflora hand-tied stems and vase: £45 with UK-wide delivery
– Marks & Spencers are offering pretty Mother’s Day posies that contain tulips, hyacinths, irises and anemones in a riot of pink, purple and blue hues. We love these colourful stems as they offer a budget-friendly option that still looks deluxe.
– For a colourful bouquet, surprise your Mum with a bunch of rainbow roses, which have been dyed with a vibrant selection of bright and beautiful colours for a fun twist on traditional flowers.
The roses arrive with a free box of chocolates and the option to add either a teddy bear, glass vase or scented candle to make the gift extra-special.
With our guide to the best Mother’s Day gift, we hope you’ve found lots of inspiration to celebrate the mother or maternal figure in your life.