CarFest, the brainchild of radio presenter Chris Evans, is set to take visitors on a musical journey through the decades, with a line-up of acts on the main stage that will reignite some great musical memories whilst celebrating some of the UK’s freshest new talent. From Sister Sledge, Boy George & Culture Club and the Human League through the 80s, 90s and noughty’s to present day with the likes of Jack Savoretti, Tom Odell and Tom Grennan, the musical journey will bring families together to celebrate the Summer in style.
CarFest takes place in two locations across two weekends in July and August respectively, and has been described by the thousands of die-hard fans as ‘the biggest ever village fete’ with a mission to bring the true spirit of family to life. The weekend is packed to the brim with activities for every member of the family, underpinned by great music, celebrity chefs and as the name suggests, plenty of cars!
This year CarFest’s family focused content includes:
- Two paddocks filled to the brim with a great range of cars plus track races and super-car hill driving… be prepared for motorsport overload!
- Four exciting new ‘worlds’ to discover and enjoy… including:
- Kid’s Kingdom: Where kids rule! Built for the kids (of all ages) and run by the kids.
- Eden: A place to do more good. Look after yourself, look after others, and look after our wonderful planet.
- Vintage Carfest: We take you and CarFest back in time with all the theatre of the circus and a love of nostalgia.
- Car-Feast: The Ultimate Family Food Festival.
- A great line up of celebrity chefs doing what they do best, but with a surprise twist!
- Smashing headliners on the main stage, from regular favourites to exciting new acts guaranteed to get everyone in the festival mood…
CarFest, was created by Evans in 2012 with the sole purpose of raising funds for UK children’s charities has over the past seven years successfully raised over £13.5million for BBC Children in Need. This year the festival has added a further four charities to the mix and alongside BBC Children in Need who will receive 50% of the funds raised, with Ellen Macarthur Cancer Trust, Rainbow Trust, Starlight Children’s Foundation and Teenage Cancer Trust receiving 10% each*. The final charity to receive 10% will be announced shortly.
A full line-up of mainstage acts and chefs taking part at each venue is available on www.carfest.org, and includes:
@CarFest North: Alex Horne and the Horne Section, Hacienda Classical, Jack Savoretti, Johnny Marr, Kaiser Chiefs, Sister Sledge and KT Tunstall joins the CarFest North Supergroup which features Sheridan Smith, KT Tunstall, Sophie Ellis Bextor and The Feeling.
@CarFest South: Alex Horne and the Horne Section, Boy George and Culture Club, Fisherman’s Friends, Jack Savoretti, Rick Astley, Sister Sledge, Tom Grennan plus Sheridan Smith joins the CarFest Supergroup featuring Roger Daltrey, Rob Brydon, Sophie Ellis Bextor and The Feeling.
Chris Evans said of plans for this year: “Each year we try and add a little extra sparkle to CarFest and this year is no exception, with a line-up that will take all our CarFesters on a veritable musical journey through the decades! The ball is well and truly rolling to make CarFest 2019 a year to remember and a year to raise even more money for UK children’s charities.”
The highly sought-after tickets for CarFest, one of the UK’s most family-friendly festivals are still available via www.carfest.org.
CarFest North takes place from 26th – 28th July @ Bolesworth in Cheshire
CarFest South takes place from 23rd – 25th August @ Laverstoke Park Farm in Hampshir